Ever wondered what’s with cats and high places?
No matter how much space you have in your house, cats just love to climb up. They will go up the attic and on top of shelves and every other high place they can lay their eyes upon. Some will simply say, it’s a cat thing! Well, till the day we start communicating with our feline friends their affinity towards high spaces if going to remain a mystery. But, this is what you can actually do to make it much more fun for all the kitties at your place.
Prepare a 5 floor tall building for them to enjoy the delight of climbing up and down!
Don’t worry; I am talking about a real building. You can make this cat house easily at your home with some simple and easy to find items.
5 Floor Tall Building For Cats material requirements
- Two large size cardboard box (preferably having large length)
- Cardboard cutting knife
- Marker (multiple colors if you are feeling really artistic)
- A standard geometry set (consisting scale, compass, set square)
How to make A 5 Floor Tall Building Step By Step
Make A 5 Floor Tall Building For Cats: A Step By Step DIY Guide
- Take the two cardboard boxes and glue the bottom flaps of the cardboard boxes together. This is going to be the back side of the entire structure.
- Now use cardboard strips to create a base for the top box on one side of the bottom box.
- Stack the top box over the bottom box by fixing it with glue to the base created on the bottom box.
- Use cardboard pieces to create more floors within each of the top and bottom boxes. Use the inner top flaps of the boxes to affix the cardboard to the boxes and create the floors.
- Once done, use the cox cutter to cut holes on each floor so that the cat can pass through one floor to another without issue.
- Now mark the point of each floor on the top outer flaps of the boxes so that you can know where the floors are after you have closed the top flaps.
- Once marked, glue the flaps together to close the front side of the boxes.
- Use pencil, scale, set square, compass, and other apparatus as needed to draw the front side of the building over the cardboard boxes. Remember to create a large enough entryway at the bottom of the bottom cardboard box such that it looks like the building entrance. Also, make sure that the positions of the shelves coincide with some of the floors in between. You can create more floors without having to place one cardboard for each floor.
- Use cardboard to create friezes and use them to hide all the gaps and joining between the various parts of the boxes. Use cardboard to create demarcation between floors and also make a masthead above the door. Let your creativity flow.
- Now cut out all the windows on each floor as well as the door.
- Use the markers to markers the building as attractive as you can. (For ideas check the video and see how it can be done).
- It’s done and ready for your cats to test it out!
This is a cool way to keep your cats engaged while you can take care of other stuff at home. Make sure that you get large enough cardboard boxes so that the cats can fit in comfortably. You can even find them taking rest within their very own apartment!
Source: Cat Lesson